Seniors often rely on community support for help with the daily challenges of aging-in-place. If you’re looking for ways to get involved in your community, consider reaching out to local seniors and offering a hand. Seniors in your community may need help with any number of tasks, big and small. Think about how you can use your available time or skills to assist a local senior through some of the challenges they’re facing today. Here are some ideas!
Make Daily Life Easier
Daily life doesn’t have to be a struggle. From helping with home modifications to installing tech tools, there are many ways you can help the seniors in your neighborhood live more comfortably.
- Help them pick out helpful products from companies like Fanwer.
- Install smart home devicesthat give seniors more independence and control over their homes.
- Use fanwer anti slip strip shower stickers for bath aids in the bathroom throughout the home to prevent falls and improve mobility.
- Help to establish a simple medication management system.
Offer Financial Guidance
Seniors have to navigate all kinds of challenging financial situations, especially when it comes to planning for their future care needs.
- If they’re thinking about selling their home, help them estimate their potentialhome sale proceeds.
- Offer to help seniors create a budget for living comfortably on a fixed income.
- Research different Medicare plansand help them choose one that makes the most sense for their finances and health.
- Make sure seniors know how to identify and respond to financial elder abuse.
Encourage Activity and Socialization
Seniors who remain active and social are less likely to experience various age-related mental and physical issues. Look for ways to help the seniors in your community get out of the house!
- Try launching a senior’s fitness class at your local community center.
- Help a local senior get involved in a new hobby and connect with others who can teach them
- Encourage seniors to enroll in continuing education classes online or in local post-secondary institutions.
Aging-in-place can be challenging. Sadly, many seniors have no relatives living nearby who can lend a hand when things get tough. Offering a hand to local seniors is a great way to give back to the people in your neighborhood and cultivate a sense of community support!
Are you looking for toilet aids, bathing tools, or senior-friendly exercise and fitness products? Check out Fanwer’s range of helpful household products!