When talking about a shampoo basin, we usually refer to a special type of basin with bowl-shaped outer appearance. It can be used in hair salons, barber shops, in households, in the offices, and in other environments. The dented part can contain water for reservation, and others call the whole item sink. Usually, the shampoo basins are made of plastics, rubbers, silicone, aluminum, wood, etc. There’re various types of shampoo basins as well with different shapes or accessories, from standalone pedestals, to units that are built into chairs or embedded in to a sink with pipe leading to the underground or floors.
However, rare users ever take notice of those inflatable bedside shampoo basin. That’s because that this kind of inflatable hair wash basins are for specific users.
Generally speaking, there are several cases where an inflatable shampoo basin comes into use. Let’s focus on these occasions and specific users together.
- Bedriddenusers – users got stuck in bed all day long need this special hairwash basin. These users may suffer from various serious disease that result in failing to move by themselves. And outer assistance is always needed.
- Seniors– seniors and elderly are always prudent to stand under the shower heads alone due to aging and even physical problems. These groups of people have fragile bones. Thus their family members will always purchase such inflatable shampoo bowls for them. It is nice care giver anyway.
- Disabled -Inflatable shampoo basins are specially designed for people with disabilities and handicapped who have difficulty washing their hair in the traditional way. The basins are designed to fit over the head and provide a secure, comfortable cushion so that the individual can easily and safely wash their hair without having to leave the bed. The inflatable sink can also be used for those with limited mobility and in need of bath aids tools, as they can be inflated quickly and easily, allowing for a comfortable and secure shampoo experience.
Things you need to consider before placing the order
When considering buying an inflatable wash basin beside the bed, there are a few important factors to consider.
- Size - Firstly, make sure that the basin is the right size to fit comfortably beside the bed.
- Material - In terms of choosing a inflatable hair basin, it is important to take the material into consideration. An ideal shampoo basin for bed should be lightweight and made of a strong and durable material - typically plastic. Plastic bowls are lightweight and provide increased longevity, making them a great option for use in the home.
- Pump equiped - what’s more, buyers should also need to make sure that the basin is equipped with a pump to quickly and easily inflate and deflate the basin.
- Sprinkler - a sprinkler may be needed in the process of helping the elderly, seniors, disabled, or handicapped wash the hair. Maybe this should also be a criteria to judge an inflatable hair sink.
- Portable - another standard perhaps should be the weight. A light-weighted and inflatable hair tub makes itself portable, and user-friendly. It is also convenient for the caregivers.
Best inflatable bedside shampoo basin for 2023
After knowing the factors might affect the products that we will purchase, here are a list of the best portable and light-weighted shampoo bowls at the side of the bed.
1. Fanwer inflatable bedside shampoo basin kit
Fanwer inflatable bedside shampoo basin kit covers 6 sets of tools and accessories - inflatable basin built in pillow, sprinkler water bag with shower head, waterproof mat, waterproof shawl, air pump, 2 air nozzles.
The total weight of this hair wash basin for bedridden is 2.34 pounds, thus it is light weighted and portable. This can bring more convenience to the care givers.
This inflatable basin is easy to use, and you can inflate it quickly. The outer design of the bowl looks nice, and it has a double tube design that prevents water from getting on the floor or the clothes of a person getting their hair washed. With complete support for the neck and shoulders, it becomes even easier to wash the hair.
The inflatable hair washing tray is also durable as it is made from high-quality PVC. With a Square design, the merch can spare more space for hair washing.
- 26"D x 22.83"W x 7.09"H
- polyvinyl chloride
- Support for neck and head;
- With shawl;
- Premium PVC;
- Built-in pillow within the basin;
- Fragile in terms of the basin;
2. DMI portable shampoo bowl
The first time that DMI portable shampoo bowl appears in front of Amazon customers are on May 25, 2005. Produced by the manufacturer DMI, a Chinese company, this inflatable basin gets 7131 total ratings and 48 answered questions up to the day of Sep 2, 2023. Compared with Fanwer bed sample basin, this product has only 1 pack, which means the inflatable basin only, without the accessories, including the nozzle, the water pump, the shawl, and other parts.
Based on DMI’s own claim, the blow up shampoo bowl is quick to set up and the using method is also easy.
What’s more, the shampoo basin is right for the elderly, disabled, bedridden, handicapped, and for those in need of long term bed rest or those with limited mobility capabilities.
- 25 x 2.13 x 9.38 inches;
- 2 ounces
- Quick to set up;
- Easy to use;
- Extra deep;
- Easy to clean;
- Leaking problem;
- Not durable;
3. CIRCA inflable hair washing basin for bedridden
Entitled with the brand name Circa Air, the product page has got already 2232 ratings and 17 answered questions until Sep 02, 2023 on the product page on Amazon.
This blow up hair wash basin is durable, because it is made of strong and puncture resistant vinyl without any harmful chemicals. Thus, it is skin-friendly and environment-friendly. Moreover, compared with the white-colored similar portable shampoo bowls, this one shows not so dirty because of the silver color of the item itself.
Plus, based on the product description of Circa Air itself, this inflatable bed shampooer can also be used for soaking locs / ACV rinse as well. Last but not least, the producer recommends to use this item with the Circa Air bedside shower bag together to gain better washing experience.
- 20"D x 24.5"W x 9"H;
- 4-piece set;
- Quick set up;
- Easy to use;
- Convenient inflation and deflation;
- Built-in pillow;
- Leaks detected;
- Not sealed so well;
4. Chrome cherry portable rinse basin
Based on its own claimation, Chrome Cherry’s mobile salon, a portable inflated rinse bowl can be used at home when referring to hair wash and hair cut. The inflatable bowl for washing hair is more suitable for salons, for on its product page, the seller names its title with “mobile salon” included.
Without a salon chair, users can store the portable mobile salon utensil in their travel bags or suitcases. The brand says it provides professional hair washing in any circumstance or facilities.
This inflatable hair tub is totally different from its competitors and similarities, for it has an adjustable channeling flaps, and a grooved design keep all water. So the hair flows neatly and down into sink or wash basin.
Same as the ones that we listed above, Mobile Salon is the most comfortable shampoo basin available for now.
- 9"D x 2"W x 12"H;
- 49 pounds;
- Decent overall design;
- Creative production;
- Only 3.6 star-rating in terms of customer support;
- Usually got shirt and back soaked;
5. Portable hair washing tray by HousewoW
Different from listed inflatable hair wash tub above, this item is a longer one with a tray outer shape. This item is designed for the convenience of hair washing in bed, or on a chair. It helps relieve back pain and neck pain, because users don’t have to bend over and get themselves wet during cleaning.
What’s more, the material of this item is also soft, portable and lightweight. Due to its properties of skin-friendly and environment-friendly, this portable inflatable hair wash tray can help users or caregivers avoid scratching the skin.
What’s more, it also can be used as a gift. Buyers can purchase this item as a present for family members, neighbors, colleagues, or friends. Because this item will bring convenience and refreshments to their dull life.
Plus, this item is especially ideal for caregivers, bedridden, the elderly, seniors, disabled, handicapped, pregnancy, injury, arthritis sufferers, and more.
Furthermore, the brand published a sweet notice on its product page, and the hint indicates that users may spread a towel around their necks during wash, because users’ neck widths vary from each other.
- 36 x 14.17 x 24.41 inches;
- 160g/ 0.35 pounds;
- Great for mobile stylist;
- Right for hair braider;
- Easy to inflate;
- Super light weighted;
- Nice quality for the price;
- The neck part is not comfortable;
- Water may seep right down user’s back;
- Doesn’t close well around the neck;
- Some leak air;
6. Lightweight hair washing sink by Peaoop
Solely judged from the outer appearance, this product is also slightly different from the ones we mentioned above.
Made of high-quality of PP with TPE material, this inflatable hair wash is odorless, non-toxic, environment-friendly, skin-friendly, stable, durable, and also comfortable.
As a nice washing tray used at home, this item can make the bedridden, the elderly, seniors, disabled, handicapped, or other similar users with limited motion ranges, that enjoy calm and relax. Leaning on the bedside, this item can prevent back pain, neck strains, or other similar discomfort problems.
According to its own product description, there will be no water accumulation inside the basin, because there’s a removable drain pipe that leading out the used water.
- 51"D x 7.87"W x 4.13"H;
- Friendly to elder, seniors, handicapped, bedridden, and similar users;
- Meets the requirement of above users;
- No so sturdy;
- Not easy to use;
7. Blow up hair washing basin by Cehim
This item is produced in China but sold on Amazon.com. This item is the best seller chosen by Amazon. Here are 5 items included in the blow up hair basin:
- Silver inflatable shampoo basin;
- Extra long drainage hose;
- Black comb;
- White head massager;
- Black clips;
Compared to the similar product of Fanwer, this one is a slightly differenet. To inflate the basin, that the consumers to do is to simply pinch the base of the valve and blow it up. The finest thing is that there’s no pump needed in this pumping process.
The rest is similar to Fanwer’s inflatable bedside shampoo basin. For instance, both adopt an advanced double-layer air valve design, and the upper valve is easy to fill with air, and the lower valve is easy to deflate.
- 24" x 20" x 8"
- 2 ounces;
- Premium PVC
- No pump needed;
- Comfortable and easy to use;
- Folds well and save space;
- Easy and convenient to use;
- Water leaking;
- Air leakage;
8. Boleshu inflatable shampoo basin
Boleshu inflatable basin for hair washing is similar to above mentioned 3 items. However, the big differences between Boleshu’s item and Fanwer or CIRCA is that its shape is a heart, to be exact, a semi-circular shape, which increases the parameter of its outer appearance.
As to the features of this inflatable head wash basin or the accessories of this basin kit, it contains following items:
- Extra long drain hose;
- Anti-leak neck groove design to avoid water leakage;
- PVC material for comfort;
- Quick inflation and deflation;
- Durable, lightweight, portable and easy to use;
- More other benefits;
Similar to said merches, this item is also ideal for the elderly, seniors, disabled, handicapped, bedridden, or users with limited mobility.
- 68"D x 24"W x 8.67"H
- 1 pack;
- Game changer;
- Can be used for detox wash on locs;
- Extra long drain hose;
- Used to send wrong type to the customer;
- Instructions not included, leading customers’confusions;
9.Hair cloud inflatable hair washing funnel
Haird cloud’s washing funnel is sold by a local business. The overall color of this item is silver. Belonging to the brand of Portabelles, this item is ideal for salons and barbershops.
The biggest sales point is that the brand claims that it is a perfect travel companion which can help professional stylists, caregivers, nurses or keep their customers dry.
This product is designed in the USA, while manufactured in China. However, many just a few know the story behind this product. The product creator firstly works as a hairstylist for long time, and then she turned out to be a nursing agent at home. Finally, she develops this final hair washing basin that she claims that it can guarantee hair dry.
- 19"D x 30"W x 3"H;
- 12 pounds;
- Polyvinyle chloride;
- Vale for money
- Water leaking;
10. Vive portable shampoo basin
Vive, a brand dedicated to the area of health care and medical domain. Its products are all about these 2 fields. Moreover, vive has a professional team researching on health issues, thus this team has got more profound and extensive knowledge on health care, care giving, medical treatment or akin fields.
As per the shampoo basin for the elderly, seniors, handicapped, disabled, arthritis, or similar groups of users, this brushed shampooing utensil belongs to the comfortable deluxe bath aids.
- 6 x 10.5 x 5.2 inches;
- 01 Ounces
- Built-in headrest;
- Refillable water bag;
- Easy to use;
- Hard to blow it up;
- Might be flat;
In a word
We’ve listed the best inflatable bedside shampoo basins for 2023. For most similar products, the common problems lies in water leakage and air leakage. However, this is understandable and this defect should be within the expectations of all users. What consumers can do is pick one of them and do some tests on their own.
Hope this guide on choosing and buying guide on inflatable shampoo bowls beside beds can help you out. At the end of article, I’d also like to recommend our hand picked best toilet aids for wiping.