With a few helpful tips, you can help seniors maintain independence and mobility without fear of falls and injuries that pose a serious public health problem in old age.
Potential sources of danger for falls in old age and how to eliminate them :
- Obstacles in passages and raised thresholds
- Always keep passages and corridors passable, remove all superfluous and unnecessary things and bumps
- Grease and water on the floor Immediately wipe the substrate with a cloth and by appropriate means
- Unsecured carpets, sliding (next to beds, in bathrooms, etc.)
- Replace them with non-slip
- Toilets and shower trays Install handrails that make lifting easier
toilet and provide stability in the shower.
- Poor lighting Introduce good lighting, especially next to the bed,
to prevent night falls and injuries
- Accidental falls from the bed when getting up due to
inappropriate height of the sides of the bed
- Replace the bed with one of appropriate height at
causing the feet to reach the floor when sitting
- Wheelchairs replace them with stable chairs appropriately height, with the feet completely leaning on the floor
- Stumbling on your own clothes and slippery shoes
- Dress in clothes of appropriate size at why the feet will not get stuck on the edges.
- Wear shoes that keep the foot stable in the ankle and which does not slip
- Slippery floors move carefully and follow each step
- Move near walls to make a case needs had a foothold
- Visual impairment wear sunglasses of appropriate diopter
- Stick to the handrails while climbing or go down the stairs
- Don't carry a lot of things with you
- Orthopedic aids (rod, crutch, walker, etc.)
- Use an appropriate orthopedic device and always seek professional help around his procurement and use
"Yet every individual knowledge is acquired thanks to prior knowledge."